Sustainable Water Solutions for Workforce Housing
Fluence provides complete, flexible water and wastewater treatment solutions that can be tailored to your operating environment
Where there's work to be done, a need for worker housing often follows. This can present a wide range of water and wastewater treatment challenges. Housing encampments may be in areas with scarce fresh water or limited wastewater infrastructure, putting a venture into competition with local residents for scarce resources. When jobs are of a limited duration, companies may be reluctant to invest in treatment solutions that will outlive their usefulness.
With Fluence’s complete water cycle solutions for worker encampments:
- We provide cost-effective treatment to support all the water and wastewater needs of your workforce.
- Workers get safe drinking water and a healthy living environment no matter where their housing is located.
Fluence has extensive expertise -- with 7,000 water and wastewater treatment plants operational around the globe -- and understands these challenges. Fluence's portfolio of decentralized water and wastewater treatment options can provide tailored solutions for the complete water cycle, from producing purified or desalinated drinking water, to sewage treatment, to water reuse
Featured Case Study: Aspiral™ Wastewater Treatment at Oilfield 'Man Camp'
One Permian Basin man camp outside Carlsbad, New Mexico, was part of a large worker influx that mobilized regulators to call out noncompliant operators and ramp up enforcement. The nearby town's water utility was unable to handle sewage from the camp. In response, the operator reached out to Fluence and was soon able to turn a compliance order into a win-win, reusing treated wastewater for dust suppression and earning praise from legislators and neighbors.
Our decentralized solutions offer cost-effective treatment for workforce housing in markets such as:
Oil and Gas
Infrastructure Projects and Construction
Fluence Smart Packaged Water Solutions
Fluence is a leader in decentralized water and wastewater treatment, with solutions that offer high flexibility, efficiency, and scalability -- as well as portability when needs change. Units come in a range of capacities, and can be used in tandem to extend the range even more, making them suitable for encampments of 50 to 30,000 workers.
Decentralized water treatment with Fluence NIROBOX™ units turns fresh water, brackish water, or seawater into drinking water in no time with low operating expenses and smart, remote operation.
Decentralized wastewater treatment with Fluence Aspiral™ units, which uses membrane aerated biofilm reactor (MABR) technology for exceptional nutrient removal and energy efficiency, produces high-quality effluent that meets both California Title 22 and China's Class 1A standards. Effluent can be used for:
- Toilet flushing
- Heap leaching
- Dust suppression
- Landscape irrigation
Benefits of Fluence Solutions
With its decentralized treatment solutions, Fluence offer many benefits, including:
- Modular Scalability and Mobility: Our modular plants, packaged in shipping containers, can quickly be scaled up or down by adding or removing the easily transported units.
- Assistance With the Permitting Process: Our experts, with years of experience with containerized plants, can help you through the permitting process no matter your location.
- Fast Commissioning Time: We build your pre-engineered units into standard steel shipping containers that can be delivered by truck, ship, or rail, and can be commissioned in a matter of weeks.
- No Lengthy Pipelining: Treating water and wastewater on-site eliminates the need to lay long, expensive pipelines.
- Remote Monitoring and Support: You can remotely monitor plant operations on your smartphone or device from anywhere in the world. Fluence provides after-sale support from its expert technicians.
- Low Operating Expense: You'll see lower costs because low-maintenance Fluence units take advantage of state-of-the-art reverse osmosis upgrades and membrane aerated biofilm reactors (MABRs) that radically slash energy requirements and chemical use.
Temporary remote workforce housing camps may have once had a "Wild West" reputation, but Fluence's complete water cycle solutions can help turn them into state-of-the-art habitations. Contact Fluence to help turn your workforce housing into not only a place where people like to live, but a neighborhood that local governments, regulators, and communities can welcome.