Wastewater Treatment Solutions
Fluence treats wastewater – for communities, industries, and remote sites – with a portfolio of sustainable solutions and market-leading technologies
Fluence has more than 30 years of experience in the design, construction, and operation of wastewater treatment plants, using proprietary technologies for a wide range of municipal, commercial, and industrial clients. Our decentralized, standard, and custom-designed wastewater treatment solutions are reliable and cost-effective.
Fluence also has decades of experience in tertiary treatment, which allows for the reuse of treated wastewater in a diverse range of applications, from irrigation, to process water, to drinking water.
Our expertise includes the following treatment processes, and more:
- Waste-to-energy and other anaerobic biological solutions
- Aerobic biological treatment
- Nutrient removal
- Wastewater reuse
- Dissolved air flotation (DAF)
- Aeration and mixing solutions
- Sludge treatment
- Physico-chemical treatment
Fluence wastewater treatment plants are equipped with full instrumentation for real-time, remote, or on-site monitoring of key process parameters. They can be fully automated and controlled by our innovative Smart Operations suite, which allows for real-time response and optimized savings in operating costs.
Market-Leading Wastewater Treatment Technologies
At Fluence, our engineers have developed some of the most efficient and cost-effective wastewater treatment technologies on the market. Here are a few of our latest innovations in wastewater treatment.
Membrane Aerated Biofilm Reactors (MABR)
Our best-in-class membrane aerated biofilm reactor (MABR) technology provides the most advanced wastewater treatment in the industry, with power consumption up to 90% less than with traditional methods of aeration. Fluence's MABR technology includes simultaneous nitrification-denitrification for very high nutrient removal, and uses passive aeration, which is much more energy-efficient than the compressed-air aeration used in conventional treatment. Fluence’s MABR technology is available in two versatile formats:
- Aspiral™ Smart Packaged Wastewater Solutions, which package MABR in standard shipping containers. Aspiral is an ideal solution for small- to medium-sized plants serving small towns, villages, residential communities, resorts, hotels, commercial complexes, worker encampments, and more. Aspiral's efficiency makes it ideal for decentralized wastewater treatment off the grid since its low energy needs can be supplied by alternative sources.
- SUBRE, which retrofits existing wastewater treatment plants with submerged MABR technology. When a conventional activated sludge wastewater treatment facility has reached its limit, Fluence's SUBRE can come to the rescue, improving effluent quality, lowering the use of chemicals, saving energy and operational costs, and increasing capacity.
End-to-End Packaged Wastewater Solutions
Fluence has solutions that work together for every step of the treatment process.
- Packaged biological treatment: Aspiral™ models L1 through L5 process wastewater efficiently and with high nutrient removal. Individual capacities start at 20 m³/d.
- Packaged secondary clarifiers are housed in standard 20-foot shipping containers.
- Packaged MBR is housed in standard 20-foot shipping containers.
- Packaged auxiliary equipment is available for additional treatment and processes.
Fluence has decades of experience in the delivery of cost-effective, reliable, state-of-the-art aeration and mixing solutions. Our line of aerators and mixers is one of the most comprehensive in the industry, expertly designed to improve water and wastewater quality, and minimize operational expenses.
Industrial Wastewater Treatment
Fluence has decades of experience delivering cost-effective, sustainable solutions for a wide range of industrial needs, from treatment of high-COD process wastewater to desalination of seawater for use in power plants. Fluence has solutions for water treatment, wastewater treatment, water reuse, and waste-to-energy, with references in industries including:
Tipton Packaged Wastewater Treatment Plants
Fluence's Tipton Series prefabricated, packaged wastewater treatment plants provide reliable, complete on-site treatment solutions for municipal and private clients -- wherever there's a need for wastewater treatment on a smaller scale.
- Prefabricated packaged plants are available with flow rates from 200 to 350,000 GPD (0.76-1,330 m³/d).
- Field-erected packaged plants have a flow rate ranging from 50,000 to 2 million GPD (189-7,570 m³/d).
Tipton Series packaged plants are flexible and simple to operate in the field, and are designed to minimize installation and startup costs. Smaller systems come completely assembled, plumbed and wired for immediate, low-cost installation and startup.
Sustainable Wastewater Treatment, Anywhere
Whether you need to treat municipal wastewater or industrial effluent, Fluence has a sustainable solution for your operation. Our expertise extends to treating high-BOD effluent from food processing plants, to produced water from the oil and gas industry, to simple sewage treatment, and more. As well as conventional plants, we specialize in decentralized wastewater solutions that are modular, scalable, and quick to deploy.
Contact our experts to discuss your specific project details, and learn how our sustainable wastewater solutions can help you meet your goals.
What Is Decentralized Wastewater Treatment?
Fluence is a global leader in providing highly efficient decentralized wastewater treatment solutions. Instead of piping wastewater from a large area to a central plant, decentralized treatment -- also referred to as distributed treatment -- sites small treatment plants close to the point of use, eliminating the need for extensive pipe networks. Decentralized wastewater treatment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including hotels and resorts, industrial facilities, small communities, worker encampments, and more; and it is efficient enough to be deployed even in remote areas off the grid.