From decentralized solutions to large-scale plants, Fluence provides cost-effective desalination for potable water and industrial needs
To ensure a consistent, reliable, and safe water supply, many communities, water authorities, industries, and private companies are turning to desalination. Fluence has decades of experience in the financing, design, construction, and operation of desalination plants -- including unique, Smart Packaged desalination solutions like NIROBOX™ and NIROFLEX — for municipal, commercial, and industrial clients.
Our desalination plants are fully automated and can be controlled by our innovative Smart Operations system, which enables real-time monitoring and response, and optimization of operating costs.
Industry-Leading Desalination Solutions
Fluence provides decentralized, pre-engineered, and custom-designed desalination plants that reliably deliver safe drinking water to government entities, municipalities, and private companies, and high-quality process water to industrial operations. Here are a few of our featured desalination solutions.
- NIROBOX™ Smart Packaged Water Solutions, which house state-of-the-art treatment technologies in standard shipping containers, are designed to supply high-quality drinking or process water at the lowest possible cost. NIROBOX units are available for seawater and brackish water desalination, as well as freshwater treatment. These modular, plug-and-play systems can be deployed anywhere in the world within a few months, and multiple units can be used in tandem to scale up capacity.
- NIROFLEX is a family of pre-engineered pretreatment and reverse osmosis (RO) building blocks for cost-effective seawater desalination systems. NIROFLEX is delivered and deployed quickly and efficiently, allowing customers to quickly and economically build a desalination plant that fits their requirements for capacity and water quality. A NIROFLEX system can supply from 25,000 GPD to 4 MGD (100 m3/d to 15,000 m3/d) of fresh water from various seawater inlet sources.
Desalination for Drinking Water
Fluence's desalination systems produce drinking water from a wide variety of sources and can be custom-designed to accommodate varying feed-water characteristics and desired finished water quality. Our solutions can be based on our state-of-the-art, pre-engineered NIROBOX™ systems, the most advanced technology for decentralized, sustainable desalination.
Fluence also provides emergency relief plants in the wake of natural disasters and as an ongoing water supply for troops in the field.
Industrial Process Water Desalination
Fluence designs, manufactures, builds, and operates advanced desalination systems for the production of process water for industrial use. The systems can treat water of any quality, and from a wide variety of water sources, including brackish water and seawater.
Fluence systems provide process water for a wide variety of applications, including permeate for cooling and other uses, demineralized water for high-pressure steam boilers, and conditioning of permeate for potable use.
Seawater Reverse Osmosis (SWRO)
- Membranes with nanoparticles and composite materials
- Duplex and super duplex high-pressure pipes and fittings
- Fully automated control and monitoring
Our high-recovery systems reduce the need for brine disposal and maximize permeate production in the most cost-effective and environmentally sustainable way possible. Fluence has been actively developing technical solutions for brine concentration, with the aim of minimizing discharge costs and environmental footprint. We offer a variety of brine-reduction technologies selected to suit client needs and limitations, including high-recovery reverse osmosis, evaporation ponds, thermal brine concentration, and zero liquid discharge (ZLD).
Sustainable Desalination Solutions, Anywhere They’re Needed
In a world where water scarcity is a serious and growing problem, desalination can be the key to a reliable source of drinking water or industrial process water.
Contact our experts to discuss your specific project details, and learn how our efficient and cost-effective desalination solutions can help you meet your goals.
What is Decentralized Desalination?
Decentralized desalination means siting smaller desalination plants near a source of demand for fresh water and a supply of saline water, eliminating the need for extensive and costly pipe distribution networks. Now, advancements in technology and packaging are making small- and medium-sized decentralized desalination solutions -- such as Fluence's NIROBOX™ and NIROFLEX -- viable and cost-effective options across a wide range of situations.
The Aspiral Family of solutions offers several model sizes and configurations, and multiple units can be used in tandem to handle large quantities of effluent.